The PTC would like to get your input on what topics you are most interested in learning more about as a parent of a teenager. Please complete this short survey so we can better serve you! PTC provides parent education several times a year at our PTC general meetings on the last Tuesday of the month from 9am to 10:30am. This year we enjoyed:
- Staff and faculty introductions and their different roles and responsibilities
- The impact of technology use on teenagers’ attention and concentration; as well as the neuroscience of distraction, sleep, emotions and downtime, presented by Amelia Wilcox, clinical psychologist,
- RHS students shared information on the multitude of clubs offered-this was amazing and inspiring!
- Kathleen, RHS college counselor, presented summer learning opportunities, internships and volunteering ideas to inspire our students
- Summer reading/book recommendations by our own librarian, Sarah Hansen.
Occasionally, we will offer an evening speaker, such as Kevin Ashworth, Clinical Director and founder of NW Anxiety Institute, who spoke on anxiety disorders and teen angst. This was a very informative presentation, but unfortunately we had a low turnout for this event.