The PTC is committed to partnering with the school district in supporting families and offering opportunities for connection and education. Below is a list of recent PTC-sponsored speakers and events brought to the Riverdale community.
- Shelley Campbell : Developing Brains: The Impact of Alcohol and Marijuana and Vaping
- Gabriele Ross: Interrupting Hate in Schools
- Doreen Dodgen-Magee: DEVICED! Balancing Life and Technology in a Digital World
- Dr. Barbara Tint: Dialogue and Conflict Transformation: A Talk for our Times.
- Howard Hiton: Healthy Masculinity
- Dave Mochel: Applied Attention and Mindful Self-Regulation
- BJ Park, a Deputy District Attorney with the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office: how to talk to kids about the Internet and social media, with practical recommendations on how to help ensure kids stay safe.
- Viewings of acclaimed documentary film, Angst: Raising Awareness Around Anxiety followed by discussion with a local expert.
- Stuart Watson: Empathetic Listening
- Kevin Ashworth of the NW Anxiety Institute: Parenting Kids With Anxiety
- Dr. Amelia Wilcox: The Neuroscience of Social Media & Technology Devices
The parent coffees and PTC meetings schedule for 2020-2021 will be sent out in the weekly parent pack once dates are confirmed. If you have ideas for or connections to great speakers on relevant topics, please contact Mary Potter.