- New Family Lemonade – August 6, 2017
- Back To School Coffee – August 28, 2017
- Ice Cream Social – September 7, 2017
- Harvest Party Pack – September 9, 2017
- RGS Back To School Night – September 13, 2017
- Hootenanny Party Pack – September 22, 2017
- Ladies’ Stag – September 28, 2017
- Holiday Craft Fair – December 2, 2017
- Riverdale Auction 2018 – February 24, 2018
Welcome to the RGS PTC Parent Pack!
If you want to submit an item for the weekly GS PTC newsletter, please email mailto:RGSParentPackSubmission@gmail.com by 5 p.m. each Wednesday during the school year.
The lunch volunteer sign up sheets for next year are NOW LIVE. Volunteering at lunch is a great opportunity to see your child at school with their friends and to have a great time with other parents. Grab a group of your friends and be the core crew on certain days, or get on the sub list if you are only able to pop in occasionally. We are 100% volunteer based; our kids need you to make sure our lunch program runs successfully.
The shifts are organized by day of the week and number of that day in a month and you can sign up in a variety of ways. For example:
- If you want to sign up for one recurring shift: “1st/3rd/5th Monday” refers to the first, third and fifth Monday of each month.
- If you want to sign up for multiple shifts: Signing up for 1st/3rd/5th Monday and 2nd/4th Monday would land you on the volunteer schedule every Monday.
- If you want to volunteer only once per month: Please identify the day you want after your first name. For example, to sign up for the 1st Monday of each month, click “1st/3rd/5th Monday” and enter into the first name field “Reagan (1st Monday)” and “Nauheim” in the last name field.
- Or, get on the sub list
If you have any questions about volunteering for lunch, the sign up process, or anything else lunch-service related contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Lunch ordering information will be out soon. Thank you in advance for your generous support!
The PTC board would like to recognize and thank outgoing president, Jen Wilcoxon, for her outstanding work, leadership and friendship this past year. Jen oversaw all of the PTC events, including a hugely successful auction, with level-headedness, good humor and an unwavering commitment to make RGS an amazing place to educate our children. Jen, you made PTC fun and you will be missed next year!
We would also like to take moment to thank every parent who volunteered on a PTC committee, at lunch, Carnival, Auction, Field Day or any other PTC event throughout the year. If every mom and every dad continues to sign up for just one volunteer opportunity throughout the year, the PTC will have another great year next year.
– Kira, Paige, Jenny, Margaret, Carrie, Allison and Stephanie
Do your little artists need a project this summer? Keep the creative energy going while school is out by crafting for the Holiday Art & Craft Fair. Students are strongly encouraged to participate in the Craft Fair so grab your supplies, plan your booth and craft away over the summer. Children as young as 7 can participate and students receive discounted space fees.
We are beginning to sign artists up NOW. Vendors must fill out this form and submit it to Michaela Houston for review. Michaela is also the contact person for any questions or suggestions. Contact her at email@example.com.
Mark your calendars and spread the word to new families: The New Family Lemonade will take place on August 6, from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. All questions about this event should be referred to Nikki Brenneke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone’s favorite program is returning to Riverdale: School Supply Packs! The last thing you want to be doing in August is running all over town looking for sold-out school supplies. Enjoy your last few days of summer and let us take care of the details. Our amazing, pre-packaged supplies are specifically designed for your student’s grade. Click here to order your pre-packaged school supplies for the 2017-2018 school year. The last day to order is June 13.
The RGS PTC is thrilled to offer this convenient program to parents; cost savings, consistency of supplies in the classroom and fewer to-dos on your back-to-school list are a few of the many benefits.
Questions about school supply packs? Please contact Erin Moone at email@example.com
The PTC would like to extend a special thank you to volunteers who made two wonderful events possible: Field Day and 8th Grade Promotion.
Sarah Wright and Stefanie Lamb organized an outstanding Field Day. Thank you, also, to all the parent volunteers who pitch in to continue to make Field Day a stand-out event for our students, year after year. We could not do it without you.
Suzi Maddocks and Michelle Janke made 8th Grade Promotion very special for all families involved this year. Another BIG THANK YOU goes out to all the parent volunteers who helped make this year’s event a great success. One person in particular the chairs would like to recognize is Wanda Dawson, the 7th & 8th Grade Activities Treasurer for the last two years. She has done much more than just accounting and keeping track budgets. Thank you Wanda, you have been invaluable to our school.
The Directory is the Riverdale Community Phone Book, updated each year and made available to Grade School and High School families and the Riverdale Community. The 65th Edition for 2017-2018 will be available for purchase in the High School and Grade School offices in October. Watch the Parent Pack emails in the fall for ordering information.
You will soon be receiving an email with your family’s listing information that will go into the new Directory. New school families will be asked to create their record. It is important you do this without delay when you get the email so we can list your information correctly. If you have questions about updating your contact information, contact Allison Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know of new families, with or without school-age children, who moved into the neighborhood in the last year, please ask them to contact Maya Klein at email@example.com or Allison Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why consider Scouting?
- FUN with friends: Meet several times a month to do fun activities and go on great outings while learning
- GET OUTDOORS: Learn camping and outdoor activity skills; enjoy the Pacific Northwest’s natural wonders; build self-sufficiency
- LEADERSHIP and character development: Develop skills and confidence that will last a lifetime; give back to our community
- Cubs spend QUALITY TIME with mom and dad: Both moms and dads are encouraged to participate; go on fun outings like Mom and Me, Dad and Lad; siblings can tag along
Do you have a son who will be in 1st grade or above next year and want to learn more? At this information session, we’ll answer all your questions and help get your son signed up!
Join us on Tuesday June 13th, at 7 p.m. in the Riverdale Grade School Commons.
Boy Scouts of America staff and local Scouting parents will be available until at least 8:30 p.m., or whenever the last questions are answered.
Calling All Artists and Crafters
Planning has started for the Second Annual Riverdale Holiday Art & Craft Fair, scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 2. Although December is still many months away, organizers would like to give students and parents the opportunity to participate in this year’s show by using summer break to come up with ideas and start creating. If you have questions, suggestions, or would like to participate and need the vendor agreement with all important facts sent to you, contact Holiday Fair committee chair Michaela Houston.
We have a Co-CHAIR, a DATE, and a VENUE; all that we’re missing is YOU! Are you passionate about doing what it takes to support our schools? Are you a great organizer or leader? Someone who can keep the balls rolling? Interested in helping throw a great party that also happens to generate much-needed funds for PTC programming?
Then sign on to…
- …partner with Awesome Auction Co-Chair, RGS Parent Kristen Best
- …benefit from the wisdom and guidance from last year’s Auction Co-Chair, Ken Wightman
- …be surrounded and supported by an experienced and energetic Auction Committee that’s already raring to go!
- Let us know if you’re interested or have any questions! Contact Martha Rainey or Sinclair Sawhney
- RHS Boys’ Soccer Skills Workshop (incoming 9th-12th graders): June 20-23, daily 10 a.m. to noon on the Riverdale Grade School field. Workshop directed by RHS Varsity Head Coach, Roberto Curilovic. No registration necessary.
- Riverdale Girls’ Basketball Skills Camp (incoming 6th-12th graders): July 17-19 at Riverdale Grade School (Learn more and register.)
- Summer Runs: Mr. Johnson will be leading some summer runs to get fit for the upcoming year. This is not exclusive to those planning to participate in Cross Country next year. Anyone can participate! If you’re interested, reach out to Mr. Johnson at email@example.com.
To support education for Tibetan refugees in India
Deadline THURSDAY, June 1, 2017 to fill your summer closet with Riverdale swag! Click here to order. If you’re interested in helping out with Spirit Wear next year, contact Shelby Quintos firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!
The Riverdale Grade School and High School PTCs are incorporating this year. Both PTC Boards have reviewed and approved the proposed RSPTC Inc. Bylaws and are posting them here for review by the community: RSPTC Proposed ByLaws and RSPTC Bylaws.TableofContents. Please email Nicole Grayson at email@example.com or Mary Brazell at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or questions you may have. Comments and questions will be accepted through Friday, May 26th. In addition, all Riverdale community members can join us at the May 23rd RHS PTC meeting. We will be discussing the new bylaws at 9:00 a.m., and we welcome questions or concerns from all.
June 7, 2017 – June 7, 2017
The Multnomah County Library will have a new teen summer reading program with new challenges and high school-only prizes, combining digital and other literacies with reading—see the whole list here. Designed with input from teens through surveys and prototype sessions, the High School Challenge offers prizes like Chipotle meals, Dutch Brothers drinks, and chances to win $100 gift cards for Powell’s Books, Wunderland Games, or a $250 shopping spree. Besides supporting reading, the Summer Reading program includes free workshops, maker sessions, and camps for teens hosted at local libraries. Workshops include building your own skateboard, creating comics, 3-D printing, cooking and more! Summer Reading runs June 16 to August 31.
Thank you to everyone who made Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week a huge success! We couldn’t have done it without you and we know the teachers and staff appreciated the week and all of your efforts. A big thank you to Shannon Janoff and Virginia Mulligan, who did a great job organizing a fun and well-received event. Thank you, ladies, for making sure our teacher and staff know how much they mean to us.